Senior Cost Estimator - Major Projects
Job DescriptionOur client, a major building contractor also has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cost Estimator.
* To be responsible for formulating and pricing tender opportunities by implementing estimating and cost strategies on each bid.
* To manage the estimating process and procedures in bidding.
What you'll be doing
As, Senior Cost Estimator , you will be:
* Reviewing customer's drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment;
* Ensuring compliance procedures, including pre-construction gate process;
* Reviewing tender documents and submission requirements, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included;
* Establishing and agreeing key plant rates;
* Agreeing with engineering and planning key methods, outputs and plant selection.
Who we're looking for
* Have previous experience of managing the process of estimating build projects (Project value £50+m), within the construction industry;
* Hold a valid CSCS card.
* Have a good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods;
* Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure;
* Be a strong team player, and also work well on your own initiative;
* Have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business;
* Be proficient in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Estimating Systems (essential).
Why work for us
Day in, day out, their teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.