Senior Project Manager
Job DescriptionSenior Project Manager
£65,000 + Package
Senior Project Manager Required for North West Contractor
Our client, a growing development contractor, are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Project Manager for projects in Manchester.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of an £80m mixed-use development in Salford, consisting of multiple blocks of reidential apartments, and a mix of refurbishment of existing blocks and new build RC Frame constructed blocks.
You will undertake the detailed planning of the inception/briefing stage and manage the project through feasibility into pre contract and procurement and onward through construction, commissioning and handover to the client.
* The Senior PM will identify and procure the services of specialist designers and contractors as required to successfully deliver their allocated project.
* The Senior PM will ensure that Health and Safety issues are effectively managed through consultation and where applicable liaise with the suppliers/contractor's health and safety team.
* The Senior PM will be responsible for monitoring and controlling all change during the project lifecycle.
* Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the programme's governance arrangements
* Facilitating the appointment of Contractors to the project teams agreeing scopes of work Issue
* Requests for Survey and Quotation to the selected sub-contractor
* Receipt and checking of quotations against scope Raising Purchase Orders and associated documentation to the supply chain
* Agreeing programmes of work with the sub-contractor(s) To take responsibility for the financial closure of Projects Receiving and distributing Health & Safety information relating to projects
* Preparation and submission of budget requests Quality assurance and overall integrity of projects
* Managing the projects budget, monitoring expenditures and costs managing the delivery of each project to the agreed level of quality, programme and budget.
* Managing third party stakeholder contributions to the project Managing KPI data capture on Customer Satisfaction and Health & Safety audits Managing risks to the projects successful outcome
* Continuous updating of project information system database to maintain "real time" project status and values Providing aftercare service to the customer Any other duties relevant to the role Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* From a construction background you will be experienced in providing services within a team of project/cost managers and building surveyors and possess a good team player ethos
* Appreciation of commercial surveying duties
* Ideally HNC/HND qualified in a relevant construction subject
* Be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
For more information, please contact Kris Convery on 01695556800.