Senior Project Manager
Our client are an award-winning construction developer with over 30 years of experience, successfully delivering well in excess of £1 billion of developments and £400m in live projects across sectors including mixed-use developments, high rise student accommodation and leisure with values ranging from £20m-£100m.
With a 5 year pipeline of work in Manchester City Centre they have a number of requirements including a Senior Project Manager with high rise experience to manage the project which includes the attainment of the required quality, safety programme, profitability, coordination of site works and management of subcontractors resulting in successful project completion.
- Reporting to an Operations Manager.
- Formulate and present progress reporting structure.
- Overall responsibility for construction, through to the completion of the building, to the agreed programme.
- Formulating and agreeing main contract programmes.
- To set the agenda for the construction process and the design/information co-ordination to achieve that process.
- Ensure site team manage in overall terms Site Health and Safety Policy, security and fire policies.
- Ensure site team set up and work to main site filing system.
- Assist with contractual correspondence and distribution of information.
- Encourage and develop communication methods employed by staff and nurture positive supportive approach to developing staff.
- Conduct, chair and minute regular team meetings with subcontractors and management and distribute to senior management.
- Complete on time or ahead of time.
- Arrange and ensure meetings with quantity surveyors regularly throughout the contract.
- Liaise with quantity surveyor and sub-contractors to discuss possible damages and time loss immediately as they arise.
- Discuss site issues and progress with Operations Manager.
- Attend pre-start meetings with on-site operatives.
- Liaise with client, architect, structural engineers, Building Control and other organisations as required.
- Other relevant tasks as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of contract law
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel
- CSCS Card
- Good communication skills
- Assertive and strong persuasion skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good management and leadership skills
If you're interested in this excellent career opportunity then please apply with an up to date CV.