Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job DescriptionA leading, privately owned construction and maintenance company based in the South Lakes are currently looking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor for the Cumbria region.
The role will be working for the Small Works Division of the business which carries out refurbishments, extensions and fit out works up to £2m contract value within the Health, Education, Commercial, Industrial and Leisure sectors.
As a Senior QS you will have overall Commercial responsibility for several construction projects throughout Cumbria and North Lancashire up to the value to £2m. Most projects are Design & Build so previous D&B experience is desirable. The role will be a mixture of office and Site based.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior QS who wants to progress to Commercial Manager level. The company are looking for someone to develop and eventually lead a small commercial team in Cumbria as the business continues to expand. Previous supervisory or management experience would therefore be an advantage.
The role of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
* Undertake all commercial requirements on projects
* Preparation of monthly cost reports
* Preparing and agreeing Monthly Valuations, including valuing variations and forecast final account
* Appointment of Subcontractors
* Maintain close working relationship with the client and design team to assist in the success of the project
* Liaise with Contracts Management to review and monitor project costs
Skills and Knowledge
* Knowledge of all aspects of the Quantity Surveying process gained through relevant contracting experience
* Previous main contracting experience.
* Experience of traditional and Design & Build projects
* Strong commercial acumen
* Good working knowledge of construction methods and materials and their commercial implications
* Good numeracy & IT skills
* Ability to carry out the role independently with minimal supervision on numerous projects simultaneously
* Effective communication skills
* Comfortable with deadlines and able to co-ordinate activities effectively to meet required deadlines
Suitable applicants will hold a Quantity Surveying degree and have a demonstrable experience of working for main contractors on both new build and refurbishment projects.
The company will offer a basic salary up to £50,000 plus car or allowance and benefits package.
This is a great opportunity to work for an extremely busy contractor who have a strong order book of workload secured throughout Cumbria. They are looking for an ambitious and driven individual who is looking to progress their career.
Please get in touch today with our Construction Specialist Donna Hoggarth on 01695 556 800 / 07753 450926 or for more details on opportunities available, or apply below with your CV