Senior Quantity Surveyor - £20m Build
Job DescriptionOur is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor, who will report to the Regional Commercial Manager. This exciting opportunity has arisen due to a prestigious award on a £20m build scheme. The first job you will be required to work on is a mixed use development.
You will either have responsibility as a no.1 QAS or looking to develop into the role of a Lead QS.
* Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
* Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
* Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI's are exceeded
* Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
* Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
* Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
* Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
* Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
* Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
* To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement policies for risk management
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected leading name in the Construction industry.