Senior Quantity Surveyor - £36m Build
Job DescriptionOur client is currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to lead a Project valued at over £36m. The build will include Retail, Cinema and various Restaurants in the heart of Manchester.
Our ideal candidate will currently be working in the capacity of a Project/Senior Quantity Surveyor on a similar value project within a recognized Main Contractor and be able to:
* Assist Managing Surveyors with the running of projects and attending site meetings.
* Assist with the preparation of tenders, contract and project related documents.
* Help with key Commercial administration
* Maintain & update records
* Assist with on-site construction inspections
* Manage Sub Contract packages
* We are looking for candidates with experience of the following:
* Good knowledge of forms of contract
* Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, valuations and final account negotiations.
* 5 - 8 years' experience with Reputable Contractor.
* Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
* Have excellent communication - both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
* Ability to form and develop relationships with a PQS, Design Team and Supply Chain
* Commercial skills, maximising value recovery, cost control and cash management
* Ability to use/understand financial reports and final accounts