Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job DescriptionSenior Quantity Surveyor
You will be working for one of the region's longest established main contractors synonymous of delivering projects in the education, healthcare, extra-care and residential sectors.
With a circa £10million extra-care new build, there is now the requirement for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team and commercially manage the project from start to finish.
You will manage your own diary and split your time in the office and on site as you see fit.
To be applicable for this opportunity, you must be an experienced Project Surveyor looking for the next step up or an established Senior Quantity Surveyor, with your experience gained primarily from working for a main contractor.
Responsible for site commercial activities to ensure the successful financial completion of the project, protecting the exposure of the Company to financial risks, together with adherence to the commercial procedures of the Business.
* Analysis of tender allowances
* The measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings), for valuations, variations and final accounts.
* Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
* Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
* Subcontract and Design Procurement
* Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
* Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
* Preparation of cost to complete
* Financial Reporting
* Cash management and maximisation
* Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
* Provision of standard reports
* Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
Knowledge skills & experience
* BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying and/or Chartered/Member of Professional organisation (desirable);
* Full UK Driving licence;
* Experience of working for a regional main contractor;
* Experience of managing new build projects in excess of £3milllion.