Senior Quantity Surveyor (High Rise Build)
Job DescriptionOur client has been established for over 75 years and has wide expertise on a wide range of projects, including Commercial, Retail, Industrial, Healthcare, Education, Leisure, Residential - New Build, Refurbishment, Fit Out and Design and Build. The high volumes of repeat business we have secured are testament to our success as a trustworthy partnering contractor.
They are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor who will be site based on a high rise residential development in city centre Manchester valued circa £16M. Ideally suited to someone with general construction experience and experience of projects of a similar nature up to a value of £25M.
You will focus on:
* Actively managing risk and opportunity
* Seeking opportunities and development in design to improve the overall project delivery
* Management of client valuations and variations all the way through to agreeing the final account
* Attending Client progress meetings and provide updates of current progress
* Maintaining client and consultant professional relationships
* Ensuring compliance with contract requirements
* Carrying out and overseeing procurement activities and ensuring production of robust orders
* Commercial control of subcontract packages
* Production of Monthly and Quarterly Cost Reports assessing cost and value to date and projecting future cost and value
* Should be comfortable working as a senior member of a project team with a willingness to contribute to all project success factors
* A positive, proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues and the client team
* Must be qualified at degree level or working towards MRICS or equivalent professional level.
* Has an appropriate depth of experience of all aspects of quantity surveying in the building industry.
* An expert negotiator with a keen eye for detail
* Excellent communication skills
* Confident and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
* In depth experience of:
* Preparing Valuations, variations and final accounts
* Managing Sub-contract accounts & procurement
* Cost monitoring
* Producing, managing and forecasting Material procurement on site.
* Working within Company Best Practice Procedures
* Measuring and valuing works
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.