Senior Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager
Job DescriptionSenior QS / Project Manager / Developer / Commercial
Manchester based developer seeks an enthusiastic Senior QS / Project Manager to deliver: site demolition and remediation contract on a brownfield site, build 40,000sqft industrial units, 20,000sqft supermarket unit (JCT D&B Contract), coffee shop and fast food outlets on retail site.
As the Senior QS / Project Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of the above with a contract value of circa £7million. The role will include:
* Managing the selected consultants to deliver the projects on time and within budget.
* Preparation of appointment documents and warranties
* Discharge of planning conditions
* Prepare Monthly valuations
* Contract Administration
* Chair client monthly meetings
* Appointment of contractors
* Prepare contract documents
* Carry out inspections
* Ensure the development agreement is adhered too
* Report directly to the company directors
The developer has a 20 year history of delivering speculative commercial and industrial schemes, owns and manages a combined property portfolio of 2.5million sqft, the developer has an in house project management company and construction company as well as an associated residential arm. This candidate will gain unrivalled experience from the initial purchasing of sites through to site disposal and all points inbetween.
To be selected you will need to demonstrate the following:
* Clear experience of delivering similar scale projects
* ideally commercial lead
* Will be entrepreneurial
* Ideally be RICS Chartered with 2+ years post qualification experience, either PM, QS or BS
* Candidate can come from either a developer, a contractor, or a Project Management Consultancy
* Must be driven, have a curious mind and be hungry to deliver these projects and have strong leadership and stakeholder management capabilities
* Ideally end to end project lifecycle experience
This is a chance to work with a true developer with a superb reputation in the market for delivering difficult projects. Should this role be of interest and you have the suitable experience, please apply now for a confidential discussion.