Senior Quantity Surveyor - Regional Contractor
Job DescriptionSenior Quantity Surveyor required for Regional Main Contractor
Our client is a leading construction company, carrying out building works across the North West. Their spread of work for both public and private sector clients is well balanced and extensive and they are renowned for their ability to provide whole-life solutions.
Key sector experience includes Accommodation, Commercial New Build & Refurbishment. Due to an increased turnover in workload our client now has a requirement for a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Duties and Responsibilities are summarised below [non exhaustive]:
* Ensure that all commercial activities are operated in accordance with Company procedures, implementing commercial procedures and best practice on the project and play a lead role in the commercial success of the project.
* Have a thorough understanding of the tender and contract requirements and work closely with the Project Manager to identify opportunities and risks as well as creating solutions to problems as and when they arise.
* Procurement of subcontractors to undertake works packages and arrange meaningful tender clarification interviews and issue the relevant subcontract order documentation in accordance with the terms and conditions of the main contract prior to the commencement of their works on site.
* Identify areas of entitlement pursuant with the terms and conditions of the building contract, and ensure good record keeping is in place to support and raise the necessary notices/application.
* Ensure that main contract and subcontract final account work is progressed as the works proceed.
* The preparation of fully substantiated interim and final account submissions.
* Assist in commercial negotiations and identify onerous terms and conditions, ensuring that the company's interests and positioned are maintained and protected.
* Value the subcontractors contract and variations works on an interim basis and issue payment notices and where necessary withholding notices.
* Preparation and reporting of accurate final margin forecasts and timeously advise of any adverse trends, together with cash flow projections and cost to complete exercises.
* Attend commercial, site progress and design meetings as any when they occur.
* Secure release of retentions and performance bonds at practical completion and final certificate.
* Provision of performance feedback reports to Technical Services upon project completion.
On offer is a chance to work for a reputable building contractor who is performing considerably well even in current market conditions.
Excellent salary and remuneration on offer for suitable candidate.