Senior Site Manager / Construction Manager
Job DescriptionWorking with a long standing and highly respected regional contractors I am currently helping to appoint a Senior Site/Construction Manager to a private residential apartment scheme in Manchester.
My client are a leading, privately owned contractor. They operate nationwide and have a long history of successfully delivering high value schemes for valued clients which is reflected in the fact that much of their workload is derived from repeat business clients.
Out of their Northern office, they have a prestigious city centre scheme ongoing; a £45m new build, concrete frame, mixed-use scheme, with a mix of retail, commercial and leisure units.
The scheme is being overseeing by a strong team of long-standing staff including a Project Manager, Site Engineer and Site Managers. They now require a Senior Site Manager to work within this team to assist the successful delivery of this prestigious scheme.
As a Senior Site Manager you will support and ultimately report into the Project Manager. As such you will be experienced in delivering prestigious, city centre schemes of a minimum £25m, with a focus on maintaining excellent quality and H&S standards. You will have a minimum of 5 years experience operating at such level and on such schemes.
As Senior Site Manager, you'll be responsible for:
* Organise all labour on site, including Site Managers, site staff and sub-contractors
* Quality Control
* Make sure all plant and machines are used efficiently on site
* Maintaining safety records
* Keeping site records up to date
* Maintain filing system
* Checking time sheets
* Ensuring safety/scaffold/plant register is up to date
To apply, we're looking for:
* CSCS card holder
* Previous experience on similar concrete frame, city centre apartment schemes.
* Experience in dealing with architects, engineers, clients, sub-contractors
* Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
* Health and safety awareness
* SMSTS, First Aid at Work qualification, Fire Marshal certificates etc.
The role will attract a negotiable salary around a bracket of £55,000 to £60,000 plus full benefits package including company car or car allowance, pension contributions and health-care plan.