Senior Site Manager
Job DescriptionWorking with a leading contractor, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Site/Project Manager, to act as number 1 on site.
My client are a highly respected contractor, delivering a mixture of residential schemes throughout the Midlands and beyond. Owing to a complex scheme in Manchester, which is a major refurbishment of a listed building in Manchester into high spec residential apartments, they have a requirement for an experienced number 1 Senior Site/Project Manager to oversee successful delivery.
The project is an existing and live project which has been delivered to its current state by a strong site team. My client now require a Manager to help oversee the successful completion of this scheme, in its final 7 months or so.
As the Senior Site/Project Manager you will oversee all remaining design liaison with the external consultants and report to the board on progress, on a weekly basis. You will be forthright and experienced enough to plan ahead through the coming weeks and months to ensure quality and financial deadlines are met.
* Contract / Post-contract management
* Management of all activities on site ensuring compliance with the relevant standards and good practice
* Leading mid-contract design and ongoing procurement
* Liaising with Clients
* Leading and managing the design team to ensure design changes are completed within suitable timescales
* Monitoring & ajustment of construction programmes
* Value engineering with your team, ensuring best value is achieved at all stages
* Liaising closely with the professional team to ensure best practices are adopted, with all changes being agreed and drawings revised accordingly
* Responsible for the supervision/management of your construction site and team
* Monitoring sub-contract progress on site, ensuring programmes are monitored at all times
* Ensuring works are completed to a high standard and inspected prior to payment being authorised
* Ensuring that all variations are recorded, keeping accurate records of additional work carried out and liaising closely with your surveyor
* Attending Client and sub-contract meetings
* Responsible for quality on site at all times
* Ensuring that all information is kept for the as-built file and making sure the as-built files are completed for the contract, including all statutory certificates from building control and the fire officer etc.
* Producing detailed minutes of client and sub contract meetings to ensure actions are distributed accurately to all concerned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Solid main contracting background delivering projects minimum £10m value, for minimum 5 years.
* Appreciation of commercial surveying duties
* Ideally HNC/HND qualified in a relevant construction subject
* Relevant qualifications including CSCS, SMSTS, First Aid etc.
* Be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
For more information, contact Kris Convery on 01695556800.