Setting-Out Site Engineer
Job DescriptionWorking with a long standing and highly respected regional contractors I am currently helping to appoint a Setting-out Engineer to a City Centre construction project in Chester.
My client are a leading, privately owned regional contractor. They operate throughout the North of England and have a long history of successfully delivering high value schemes for valued clients which is reflected in the fact that much of their workload is derived from repeat business clients.
They now have a prestigious city centre scheme iminiment; a £20m new build, steel frame, mixed-use apartment scheme, consisting of 400 1,2 and 3 bed apartments above a mix of retail, commercial and leisure units.
The scheme is being overseeing by a strong team of long-standing staff including a Project Manager, Senior Engineer and Site Managers. They now require a Site Engineer to work within this team to assist the successful delivery of this prestigious scheme.
Theyrequire an experienced setting-out engineer to initially work with and oversee the groundworks sub-contractors, setting out and checking work is to specification.
Essential & Desired experience/Qualifications
* BSc Eng in Civil Engineering (desirable not essential)
* Setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site
* Surveying the site
* Groundwork/Structures experience
* Checking drawings and quantities and ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work
* Supervising and monitoring the site labour force and monitoring the work of any subcontractors
* Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are adhered to
* Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may arise.
* Must have relevant, up to date CSCS Card and First Aid certificate. SMSTS certificate also preferable.
The role attracts a highly negotiable salary with a car allowance in addition.
For more information, please contact Kris Convery on 01695556800.