Site Manager (new build housing)
Job DescriptionMy client are a respected and established contractor working across the North of England. They have a long history of successfully delivering projects across a multitude of sectors in general construction and housing. They have one of the lowest staff-turnover rates in the region for companies of their size. This owes much to their forward thinking attitude and the way they treat and reward their staff across the board.
Due to a vast increase in work throughout the region, within their new build housing division, they have a requirement to add an experienced Site Manager to the team to oversee private and social housing projects throughout the region. The first project will be in Stockport and of traditional build construction method. Projects will be typically £3m to £5m in value.
As a Site Manager you will;
* Co-ordinate trades, sub-contractors and labour to ensure the program is delivered on time and within budget. An understanding of project programming is essential to achieve production targets and ensure that deadlines are met.
* Develop a full understanding of all specifications, drawings, preliminaries, preambles and contract documentation, ensuring the project is delivered within these parameters.
* Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects.
* Manage on site administration, including all required site documentation, drawings & records. The completion of all statutory project reports, such as permits to work, inspection reports, event forms, risk assessments & method statements.
* Assist Senior Management in the allocation of onsite packages, and subsequently of establishing relationships with each subcontractor. Good commercial understanding is required.
* Assist the project to achieve its Environmental & Waste Management Plans and Community Benefits Plans via recording of data & management.
* Work closely with the client and design team to ensure excellent standards of working practice.
This is a great opportunity for an experience and ambitious Site Manager to join a growing company with lots of work in the region.
For more information please contact Kris Convery on 01695556800.