Job DescriptionOur client are one of the fastest growing property developers in the North West region. They have seen a considerable period of growth in the last 18 months and ahead of another new project start, now have a requirement for a Site Manager to join their busy operational team.
This latest new project is a housing regeneration scheme in Accrington, Lancashire in a wider area which is subject to a programme of regeneration over recent years. This latest project is the refurbishment of 28 properties to bring these back into circulation.
My client require an experienced Site manager to oversee the refurbishment works, much of which will be in a live environment. As such you will need experience working in such environments.
Reporting to the visiting Contracts Mananger you will be responsible for;
* Construction activities for the project from planning to handover
* Ensuring the construction works run strictly in line to programme whilst maintaining high quality, environmental and safety standards
* Leadership and management of labour and subcontractors for all works undertaken
* Leading regular site meetings with all interested parties
* Liaison between all stakeholders including the client and local public/residents
* Health & Safety on site - ensure that all contractors carry out their duties in such a way as to minimise the risk of injury to employees, sub-contractors, and the general public
* The undertaking of annual appraisal and development for site operatives
* Managing all resources effectively, efficiently and economically
* Assisting with works on site as required with a commitment to teamwork and getting the job done
Candidates ideally should have a trade / skilled background and hold relevant certification including:
* 5 Day SMSTS
* 3 Day basic scaffold
* TWC or TWS (preferable)
* Fire Safety
* Asbestos Awareness
* CSCS (black) Management Card
* 3 Day First Aid