Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job DescriptionOur client is one of the UK's Leading Envelope Contractors, offering a complete turnkey service of design, installation and project management.
Experience and detailed market knowledge of customer needs, supplier skills, legislative and environmental drivers and the emergence of new technologies have all contributed to leading Sub-Contractor status.
They combine this with outstanding customer support, safe working practices, technical understanding and quality workmanship - all of which have been achieved through constant investment in training.
Our client has a proven track record of working with all of the major UK developers to complete projects on time, on budget and on demand.
Due to a successful period of growth our candidate requires an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
You will be required to:
* Support Project Manager and team in preparing a Project Execution Plan and maintaining appropriate control processes defined therein.
* Fully understand the scope and terms of the main contract as well as sub-contracts, Monitors compliance with the contractual obligations throughout the contract term.
* Monitors potential claims, including the following actions:
* Reporting of matters that are potentially harmful
* Keeping up-to-date records of these matters, e.g. variations to scope of works, events that entitle to an extension of time under the contract
* Maintaining a filing system including all relevant documentation concerning contractual and financial significance, e.g. identifying and maintaining a register of contra charges.
* Support Project Manager and team converting opportunities to real profitable Variation Orders.
* Ensures all payments are made on time and ensuring all notifications to third parties are made on time.
* Monitor the cost control and client change control processes.
* Maintain project forecast costs, revenue and profitability using SAP and business reporting tools.
* Provides e.g. the following reports monthly:
* Liability statement (Gross liability in respect of each subcontractor)
* Cost/Value reconciliation (contract value measured against contract cost)
* Leads and co-ordinates project final account discussions with the customer.
* Resolve or assists Legal in resolving any contract disputes between company and the customer and/or subcontractors.
* Follows changes in laws and regulations and advises on how they impact the project.
On offer will be the very best mentorship and a chance to learn all skills associated to become the best in the field of Quantity Surveying.