Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Job DescriptionOur client is reputable Utilities / Groundworks & Civil Engineering Contractor who is currently seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. Some experience in this field would be advantageous, but is not essential.
The role will involve:
· Visiting sites throughout the UK to measure up works. Collect and collate information to assist with the preparation of monthly valuations and variations.
· Assisting with pulling together tender quotes, including analytical processes.
· Prepare bill of quantities.
· Meet project deadlines.
· Compile subcontract orders for approval and general contract administration.
· Attend meetings with Main Contractor and follow up actions.
· Liaise with customers and project managers.
· Help with take offs from drawing information to check measures.
Good working knowledge of Excel is essential, together with other IT packages.
To be methodical and pay attention to detail.
Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
Able to analyse and process technical data.
A full driving license