Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Main Contractor
Job DescriptionOur client is a medium sized Contractor, with many years' experience in the building and construction industry.
Due to an increase in workload they now require an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
Work: largely refurbishment and alteration, new build works, small works.
1 Commercial office refit(s), £20k - £3M individually
2 School classrooms extension and alterations, new build, D&B £50k - £3M
3 Court building alteration and refurbishment, £50k - £2.5M
4 University extension and alterations, new build, D&B, DDA adaptations, £30k - £3M
5 Housing facelifts, up to £500k
6 Police Station alteration and refurbishment, up to £1M
7 Post Office alteration and refurbishment, £20k - £1M
8 Industrial Premises refurbishment, D&B, £100k - £2M
9 General Schemes, churches, kennels, equestrian centres etc up to £2.5M
Procurement methods: traditional tendering, D&B, Two-Stage Tendering, Partnering Frameworks and Negotiation
Contracts: Minor Works, JCT Intermediate and Private Form, GC Works, PPC2000, PSPC and NEC.
Due to their continued success and expansion they are now seeking a Pre or Post Graduate Trainee / Assistant Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis.
Your key duties and responsibilities for this position includes;
- Taking off quantities from drawings for procurement/checking subcontractor applications/pricing variations
- On-site measures
- Checking materials invoices against purchase orders
- Involvement with materials procurement and subcontractor procurement analysis
- Issue materials tender enquiries
- Placing materials orders
- Costing and invoicing for client variations
- Tracking client extras spreadsheet
- Preparing monthly progress valuations
- Meeting Bank Monitor/Client's QS to agree valuations
- Drafting Collateral Warranties and tracking progress through to full execution
- Reviewing contracts
- Placing subcontractor orders
- Processing subcontractor payments and tracking final account progress
- Preparing and issuing Consultant appointments
In order to be considered for the position you will have the following key skills and qualifications;
- You must be reliable, trustworthy and proactive, with an enthusiastic approach to work and learning, with good punctuation and attendance
- You will have strong organisation and communication skills, with a methodical approach and a good attention to detail
- You will be excellent in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- You will have experience in using database and similar bespoke IT systems
- A willingness to develop career and undertake further training to support career development
- Experience of working with a Contractor/Sub contractor
- Full driving licence
In return you will receive a salary between £25k - £30k plus benefits.