Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Leading PLC Contractor
Job DescriptionWhy work for our client
Our client delivers amazing projects throughout the UK, Major Projects up to £200m in value.
The projects mainly include high rise multi storey projects.
With an on-going commitment to attracting local talent, they have brought together a diverse team of experienced, forward-thinking people, all of which is key to making us the business we are today.
Our client is a leading Plc. and construction company specialising in bringing projects to life through strategic partnership, investment and relationship building.
They are focussed on growing our global presence and have ambitious growth plans to become a top 10 UK construction contractor.
* Multi award winning contractor
* Leading PLC
* Turnover in excess of 500 million
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Broadly, the Assistant Quantity Surveyor will assist with the management of the commercial function for projects they are allocated. This will include practical quantity surveying tasks and activities, actions to support colleagues and appropriate administrative duties one would associate with commercial / quantity surveying practices in relation to construction projects.
Depending on the allocated schemes / projects, along with consideration of individual levels of experience and ability, the Assistant Quantity Surveyor may be required to:
* Be accountability for a specific result or outcome.
* Be responsible for the delivery of a specific task or action, or;
* Support others in achieving an objective or undertaking an action.
Individual objectives will be confirmed and recorded as part of the normal Objective Setting and Review process.
Where appropriate, support and assist colleagues with Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) from the agreed construction budget.
* Where appropriate, support and assist colleagues in the provision of accurate monthly CVR reports, liaising with the project teams to assure the CVR captures the current position and the forecast final position.
* Where appropriate, support and assist colleagues in their efforts to ensure the CVR is closed out post-contract in a timely manner.
* Produce and update the procurement schedule in line with current contract programme.
* Assist with the quantification and costing of the works to ensure effective cost reporting.
* Undertake procurement processes to ensure subcontract packages are placed in a timely manner and line with site programme requirements.
* Assist in the management of subcontractor accounts (payments / contract administration / claims & variations / final accounts).
* Assist with and contribute to the internal reporting processes, maintaining accuracy and working to ensure deadlines are met (CVRs / Expenditure / Cash-flow etc.)
* Build awareness of potential risks and call these out in a timely manner.
* Escalate risks to senior colleagues appropriately, identifying possible solutions and suggestions of how a risk may be mitigated.
The salary and package are negotiable dep experience.