Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Refurbishment Contractor
Job DescriptionOur client is a dynamic, award-winning property maintenance, refurbishment regional contractor who has been established over 100 years.
A commercial opportunity has arisen to be part of our growing North West team. We are seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious Assistant Quantity Surveyor to continue to facilitate the successful running of works. Covering works around the North West
* Competitive salary
* 26 Days Hols & Bank holidays - option to buy or sell holidays
* Company pension scheme - up to 7.5%
* Car Allowance/Fleet Van
* Discounted Healthcare Scheme
* High street & lifestyle discounts
* Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
* A day paid volunteering per year
* Length of service awards
Summary - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
The role is to obtain and evaluate information to ensure a realistic cost for the supply of works, goods, materials and services for designated refurbishment/maintenance projects/contracts. Whilst liaising with Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated project/ contracts.
Working on a broad range of works including Social Housing - planned works and small works and Public Sector planned works, with a good command for schedules of rates.
We require a good all round Assistant Quantity Surveyor with sector specific experience.
Site working/visits in and around the North West
Key Responsibilities - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Typically, the assistant, under the direction of the QS, or other designated supervisor, will be expected to assist with the following:
* Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
* Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
* Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
* Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client's representative.
* Prepare monthly valuation reports for Novus Property Solutions Ltd Senior Management.
* Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
* Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
* Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
* Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
* Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
* Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
Key skills and Qualifications
* Quantity surveying degree qualified or studying towards degree
* Beneficial to have worked with the public sector
* Social Housing/Planned Works experience also beneficial
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence