Graduate Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
Job DescriptionWe are looking to recruit an Assistant Estimator / Assistant QS to work for a fast growing sub-contractor in Manchester.
* Assessing the potential risks of specific projects;
* Estimating and evaluating all tender and pre-contract documents;
* Managing workshop priorities and safe working procedures; *
Ensuring that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions (Creating Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Crane Plans and COSHH Assessments);
* Creating and following variations with operatives and clients, working in accordance with the contract;
* Attend pre-contract and progress meetings and maintaining relationships with Contractors, Sub-Contractors and operatives.
* Producing applications for payment and final accounts, and executing the follow-up for retention;
* Ensuring that projects run smoothly and that the works are completed on time and within budget;
* In the absence of the Director, manage and make decisions in the operations of the company.
Ideally you will be degree educated and have:
* Awareness of the various forms of contract and Method of Measurements used in the construction industry.
* Effective and professional communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team.
* Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines is crucial.
* Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programmes.