Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job DescriptionAssistant Quantity Surveyor
Manchester / Bolton / Salford / Stockport
Hybrid & Flexible Working Policy
We've got a great new Quantity Surveyor position up for grabs and if you're the right person for the job there'll be no shortage of landmark projects for you to get stuck into, as part of our specialist Quantity Surveying Infrastructure Team (QSI).
The client recruit for attitude and train for skills. So, if you bring the right character, we'll provide what you need to reach your full potential - including things like creating the right working environment for you to grow, rewards for effort, and recognition for success. We aim to ensure our people and our business are future proof, so we invest in training to equip our whole team with the skills for today and tomorrow.
The ins and out of the role -
Due to their current team doing such a great job, we are looking to appoint an additional QS to work on a seconded basis with one of our long-standing clients within the energy sector.
Delivering expert knowledge and service as an experienced Quantity Surveyor you will partner with the client to assist in the upgrade, maintenance and provision of new sub-stations to satisfy the ever-growing demand for electricity in the North West of England.
The role will include pre-contract quantity surveying duties such as the preparation of tender documentation, estimates, cost planning and budget preparation.
Representing the client you will be pivotal in supporting across multiple projects as part of a £1.4bn programme of works.
With the added benefit of a hybrid working policy, you will be office based 2/3 days a week with a requirement for local site visits as required.
We are looking for a team player with a positive attitude to problem solving and overcoming commercial and contractual matters. Demonstrating focus and determination to the settlement and agreement of final accounts whilst adding back value through negotiated outcomes.
Deliver a quality service to clients by carrying out the following tasks -
* Attend client briefing meetings
* Review current scope of works
* Cost planning preparation including; inputting, measuring, issuing, and presenting
* Review contractor proposals in detail including costs and quantities
* Clarify and issue tender addendums if required
* Meet with contractors and discuss proposals
* Review, query and agree contract sum
* Prepare contract documents and share with relevant stakeholders
* Ensure the contract documentation is signed and in place before commencement on site
* Attend prestart meetings
* Prepare and issue monthly valuations
* Prepare and issue monthly cost reports
* Administer and issue variation instructions, contract documents, tender documents and contract amendments.
* Attend progress meetings and issue minutes
* Deal with day-to-day actions and correspondence as required
* Control and manage all financial, programme and contractual issues arising
* Prepare and present monthly cost reports to the client
* Carry out valuations and prepare recommendation for payments
* Agree and value any variations
* Agreement of final account after completion of the works
* Oversee and run projects from conception to completion, managing and controlling the costs of the scheme on behalf of the client.
Experience Required -
* Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying
* A full member of the RICS or working towards your Chartership
* 2 - 3 years' experience as a Quantity Surveyor ideally within the energy sector
* A good understanding of the NEC suite of construction contracts - ideally options A, B, and C
* Familiar with cost planning and tendering practice and procedure
* Ability to procure and administer contracts with multiple projects whilst working with main contractor and sub-contractors
* High attention to detail focused on successful project delivery
* Excellent stakeholder management skills with a keen desire to build and maintain client relationships
* Able to become embedded within a team to drive forward positive results
In Return -
In return for all your hard work we promise you a fun and positive place to work, excellent remuneration including a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, plus loads more benefits.
We're a progressive and flexible employer and we recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance which is reflected in our commitment to providing a home-life friendly working environment.
Diversity and inclusion goes way deeper than a tick in a box. The client welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. It's what make us such a well-rounded, well-grounded work family.
Please get in touch today with our Consultant Alex Marsh on 01695 556800 for more details on opportunities available, or apply below with your CV.
Commercial, Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor