Assistant Site Manager
Job DescriptionAre you an Assistant or Trainee Site Manager, performing the role but frustrated by the lack of support on a daily basis, training and career development? Tired of the constant promise to turn you into the next big Site Manager but receiving so little advice, guidance and training which will help you make that next step?
You'd be better off working for my client!
They are a leading national housing developer. They are in fact one of the largest house builders in the whole of the UK. They are a highly recognised company who given their size have the internal structure, procedures and talent to help turn passionate and hard working Assistant Site Managers into qualified, successful and often award winning Site Managers, in their own right.
They have an ongoing development in Chester which is a mix of traditional build new build homes and apartments.
The role of Assistant Site Manager, reports to the Site Manager and Construction Director and assists with the responsibility for managing all aspects of a construction development site, ensuring the provision of safe, efficient and cost effective works at all times, while maintaining the highest quality of work and customer service are delivered within the given timescales.
What you will do:
* Assisting the Site Manager in the project management of the site build from site setup to ensuring houses are completed in time for customer move in dates.
* Manage the health and safety always across site operations ensuring everyone on site is adhering to company standards and procedures.
* Manage and maintain strong relationships with the subcontractor network on site and coordinating trades to ensure they are meeting key build milestones.
* Work closely with Customer Services and Sales to ensure the customer journey plan is adhered to at all stages.
* Work with the National House Building Council (NHBC) to carry out key site and plot inspections.
* Assist with the mentoring and development of site manager apprentices, trainee assistant site managers and any other aspiring site management potential talent across the trades.
What you will have:
* Assistant Site management experience is desired, a trade background or knowledge of building process, including NHBC and Building Regulations
* CCSCS card (Manager/Supervisor Level)
* First Aid qualified
* Able to minimise risk through developing and endorsing safe operating processes
* Take accountability for and can justify decisions, ensuring teams deliver on those decisions
* A natural and engaging communication style, working well with and supports others in teams
In return they can offer you:
* Competitive salary
* Annual bonus
* 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
* Company car or car allowance
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance