Job DescriptionDue to continued growth, our client is seeking to recruit a Tender & Bid Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end tender and bidding process. Identifying & assessing opportunities, liaising with customers and suppliers, writing & submitting winning bids, proposals and presentations, gaining feedback and project managing the entire process including contract mobilisation.
JOB ROLE (not limited to):
* Working across the entire business; liaising with the estimating department to produce accurate and compelling bid responses, preparing evidence-based examples and statistics, updating the tender library.
* Identify and evaluate Contract Notices, PQQ's and tenders with the wider business development team.
* Undertake a feasibility review for tender opportunities (i.e. Bid/No Bid decision) and produce a project plan (where relevant).
* Review PQQ and ITT documentation to identify key issues / risks and develop strategies for a winning bid.
* Draft clear, concise and well-articulated tender responses that meet specification and requirements.
* Prepare RFQ documentation and correspondence to support the bidding process, cascading requirements to suppliers; ensuring accurate and complete information is submitted.
* Ensure all tenders meet internal milestones and submission deadlines.
* Review feedback on tender responses and utilise lessons learnt to continuously update the Tender Library.
* Manage clarification questions from the company and suppliers and customer responses.
* Prepare quotations, proposals and presentations to support the commercial team.
* Build and maintain effective relationships at all levels with prospects and customers.
* Responsible for ensuring timely and efficient contract mobilisation, briefing Managers and Departments on contract requirements, handing over accurate tender and contract information, producing and managing mobilisation project plans.
The ability to gather relevant technical information from diverse stakeholders and then convey this in a simple yet effective narrative in order to create a compelling proposal is key.
Your capability in this area will likely have been gained through your experience in a number of the following areas:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
* Previous work experience in a Bid role within a building department on schemes upto £50m
* BA or BS degree in construction related discipline (preferred but not essential depending on experience in this role)
* Advanced MS Office skills, particularly MS Word
* 5 years working on technical / engineering bid creation
* A demonstrable track record in increasing tenders and raising the profile of the business
* Excellent organisational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers, in a clear and concise manner
* An industry leading salary
* Achievable yearly bonus
* Company car, mobile phone and laptop
* Generous holiday entitlement