Bid Manager - National Contractor
Our client is a leading UK National Building Company. They deliver vital projects across a range of sectors across health, education projects
As a UK regional contractor, we provide specialist design and build capabilities and are experienced at project management and integrating all aspects of a project.
With over 130 years of experience in the construction sector, they are a trusted partner of central and local government and are used to working closely with our customers and supply chain to achieve outstanding results.
The successful candidate will have the enthusiasm and drive to look beyond the obvious and seek to drive solutions. You should be a self -motivated individual, not afraid of a challenge, be results driven and have an entrepreneurial approach to solution finding.
* Appraisal of PQQ/EOI/ITT/RFP documentation to identify key risks and opportunities;
* Organising and leading bid launch and strategy meetings;
* Formulating bid programmes;
* Leading the bid management process and delivering to programme;
* Leading and inputting in the development of winning bid responses that exceed our client's expectations;
* Preparing and presenting Red Review of quality submissions and managing tender settlement processes;
* Preparing presentations and attending interviews;
* Engaging with designers and suppliers and formulating and developing alternative proposals inc. value engineering and optioneering, embracing modern methods of construction;
* Input into the planning and programming and the development of construction methodologies;
* Liaise and work with Submissions and Proposals Managers;
* To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
* Supporting Line Manager, the Regional Pre-Construction Manager, in maintaining environment of continual improvement
Knowledge skills & experience
* HNC/D or degree level in Construction Management/Civil Engineering (desirable);
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office inc. Word, Excel & PowerPoint;
* Enthusiasm and the desire to win;
* Ability to work flexibly to tight deadlines;
* Effective communicator with the ability to manage a team;
* Construction knowledge and commercial appreciation;
* Ability to author technical and quality narrative and edit same by others;
* Attention to detail;
* Effective communication - both written and oral;
* Experience of managing a team and working within a team in a bidding role;
* Good knowledge of building, civil engineering and general construction techniques and methodology;
* An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters.