Job DescriptionOur client has an opportunity for a Bid Writer to join their Pre-construction team. Reporting to the Pre-Construction Director, you will write new responses, along with reviewing and editing previously written content. You will also liaise with other bid team members and technical specialists to produce written answers for bid submissions and prepare presentations in line with deadlines.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Writing original bid responses for frameworks, PQQ's and tenders
* Confirming the rules of the individual bid and submitting within the deadline
* Presenting technical information in a user friendly way
* Writing, editing and checking bid documents
* Liaising with team members and other bid team members, as well as other divisions in the Group to collate information for bid submission
* Researching about the client and sector relevant to the bid
* Gathering evidence to answer PQQ questions
* Collating various information for bids, such as financial records and insurances
* Maintaining accurate records and saving material to a bid library for future use
* Helping to maintain quality and relevant content in the bid library
* Identifying areas for improvement and contributing to continual improvement
* Updating documents such as CVs and case studies as required
* Preparing PowerPoint presentations and other visuals for tender interviews as required
The ideal candidate will be an experienced bid writer, preferably with experience of the construction sector with excellent presentation skills. It is essential that you can demonstrate a track record of success using your written responses. You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and experience in researching and writing, with strong attention to detail. You should be proficient in the MS Office packages including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and a willingness to learn other packages if required by the business. Finally, you will have a proactive flexible approach to changing circumstances and the evolving needs of the business.
Please note: We are not looking for someone who solely coordinates and pulls together written content from others. Whilst you would be required to do this, you will also need to write your own original bid responses.
Our client operates for their head office in Lancashire, with project teams applying their expertise to contracts ranging from £0.5m to £50m in value. These contracts span a spectrum of procurement routes and include design and build, traditional method, partnering, public sector frameworks and PFI procurement.
Their success is driven by strong leadership and an ISO accredited organisational culture of continual improvement and clear communication.
They proudly place client satisfaction at the very heart of our business and apply our extensive resources and proven dedication to understanding and delivering our client's needs. Through this client-centered approach, they build on the quality and longevity of the relationships we have and the majority of our work is gained through repeat business.