Job DescriptionOur client is an established, privately-owned company with substantial backing from a £Billion Turnover Private equity firm. They have a heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to their continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, they are looking to recruit a Buyer.
Their extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Industrial, Commercial, Health & Education both Refurbishment and New Build.
Undertake the material and plant procurement.
Key Results and Accountabilities
* Aligned with the Group Procure to Pay Process and Procedures. Procurement of all material packages, making procurement recommendations for all projects
* Material and Plant cost management and reporting of sites
* Able to proactively manage and resolve procurement and associated operational, commercial and finance day to day issues
* Directing specifications based on full understanding of agreements
* Successful support of the work winning function, integrating as an embedded member of the team
Key Job Tasks
* Become Procurement champion, owning all aspects of operational procurement for the business and its projects.
* Liaise with all work streams and become an integral team member supporting and adding value wherever possible
* Negotiating and placing of all material and plant orders for given sites, making sure all materials are delivered on time and within budget.
* Conducting quotation analysis of packages, and negotiating best value - presenting recommendations for approval
* Proactively make recommendations on specifications to incorporate group deals, better performing products and to drive value engineering opportunities.
* Agree and maintain accurate procurement schedules with site operational and commercial teams, reporting associated information as required
* Discuss and agree in principal with project and site manager's best procurement methods for the site
* Proactively identify strategic procurement opportunities for the business
* Support the work winning function with attendance to tender launch meetings, advising the team on procurement opportunities and negotiation and agreement of costs
* Challenge specification based on group supply chain
* Liaising with suppliers and sites regarding any key information or any issues raised
* Attend monthly contract reviews as required, highlighting spend trends and inform of any industry issues
* Identify new suppliers, initiatives and potential cost savings within the business
* Resolution of invoice queries, and full understanding of procurement/ accounting system
* Complete regular site visits to build relationships, monitor progress and fluctuation required for procurement schedules and highlight issues
* Attend supplier review meetings
* General administration
* Support and mentor more junior members of the Procurement Team
* Good communication skills - both written and verbal
* Able to build positive productive working relationships with stakeholders
* Able to work effectively as part of a team
* Systematic, organised approach
* Able to manage time and priorities effectively
* Positive, can do and pro-active attitude is essential
Construction Management or Construction Commercial (HNC or equal) or Corporate member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply or significantly progressed to achieving
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension.