Job DescriptionA Manchester based construction company - specialising in new build housing & apartments - are looking to add a Design Coordinator or Design Manager to their team.
The company in question are a small knit team and to date one of the Directors has overseen most/all of the technical aspect of the schemes they deliver. As they continue to grow he's now looking for additional and specific support as he looks to build a full technical team in the coming few years.
They've already recruited an Assistant Technical Coordinator so you'll have ample support from below and above, in this role.
Now they require an experienced Design Coordinator or Manager - albeit they recognise the market is difficult at present so are open to candidate who still have growing to do and aren't the finished article. They'll grow as a company in the coming years and welcome those who want to grow with them.
Most of their schemes consists of a mixture of new build housing and small apartment schemes. Often they're delivering these schemes for housing association partners throughout the North West. To date they've focused delivery often in the North Manchester & Lancashire regions but are now looking to further expand throughout the North West as they become more established in the market.
Few companies will grow as much as these in the coming few years and therefore it could be a really exciting time for an ambitious individual to join them, with regards to potential future career potential.
They are looking for an individual to take responsibility for the development and progress of the design principles and specification for predominantly new build housing schemes.
Main Responsibilities: (The following tasks are not in priority order)
* To attend internal and external meetings, including chairing and accurately minute as
* necessary ensuring distribution to relevant parties.
* Recruitment and training and mentoring junior team members.
* Review design drawings in accordance with Building Regulations.
* Review design proposals from internal and external consultants ensuring most competitive
* and effective solution arrived at.
* Support Procurement Department in evaluation of alternative design solutions offered by
* Research and develop new products for alternative forms of construction.
* Monitor Health & Safety issues in accordance with chartered status requirement.
* Occasionally advise on Estimating schemes.
* Continue professional development.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
* Requiring education/ qualification to a level of NVQ 5/ Professional qualification or equivalent
* Good knowledge of Building Regulations.
* Basic knowledge of AutoCAD design software course and Adobe Acrobat.
* Strong time management and communication skills.
* Good knowledge of Word and Excel.
* Working towards or possessing Chartered Status in Construction.
Remuneration & benefits package;
* This role attracts a competitive and negotiable basic salary of between £45,000 & £53,000 (dependant upon experience) and in addition a full benefits package including company car or allowance, medicash scheme, excellent pension scheme, 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays, discretionary company bonus.