Job DescriptionMy client are a leading developer delivering major projects throughout the UK. They operate in the new build student accomodation, highrise residential apartments and new build housing sectors. They are a multi-million pound turnover group and a leader in their sectors of the construction industry.
Due to their ongoing and increasing portfolio of work within their new build housing division, they now have a requirement for an Design Manager to join their team. The role would would see a healthy mix of office, home and site based working, dependant on workload. Projects are typically in the North West and North Wales region currently but could be nationwide in the coming years.
They are looking for an individual to take responsibility for the development and progress of the design principles and specification for predominantly new build housing schemes.
Main Responsibilities: (The following tasks are not in priority order)
* To attend internal and external meetings, including chairing and accurately minute as
* necessary ensuring distribution to relevant parties.
* Recruitment and training and mentoring junior team members.
* Review design drawings in accordance with Building Regulations.
* Review design proposals from internal and external consultants ensuring most competitive
* and effective solution arrived at.
* Support Procurement Department in evaluation of alternative design solutions offered by
* Research and develop new products for alternative forms of construction.
* Monitor Health & Safety issues in accordance with chartered status requirement.
* Occasionally advise on Estimating schemes.
* Continue professional development.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
* Requiring education/ qualification to a level of NVQ 5/ Professional qualification or equivalent
* Good knowledge of Building Regulations.
* Basic knowledge of AutoCAD design software course and Adobe Acrobat.
* Strong time management and communication skills.
* Good knowledge of Word and Excel.
* Working towards or possessing Chartered Status in Construction.
Remuneration & benefits package;
* This role attracts a competitive and negotiable basic salary of between £45,000 & £50,000 (dependant upon experience) and in addition a full benefits package including company car or allowance, medicash scheme, excellent pension scheme, 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays, company bonus.