Job DescriptionMy client are a leading developer delivering major projects throughout the UK. They operate in the new build student accommodation, high-rise residential apartments and new build housing sectors. They are a multi-million pound turnover group and a leader in their sectors of the construction industry.
Within their new build housing sector they have multiple new developments set to start in 2021 as they undertake a significant period of growth in the division. Owing to such they're now looking to add an experienced Senior Development Engineer or Engineering Manager to their Technical team.
Their Technical Team are based in offices in Chester and North Wales but this role would be split across office, site and home working.
This role provides high quality engineering advice at all stages of the development process. The role ranges from initial viability advice and design to design development, gaining technical consents and providing advice to all other departments as well as key subcontractors and consultants.
What is your day to day?
* Strong knowledge of highways and footpaths, drainage, sewer systems and utilities where you would focus on the technical and development processes of new build schemes.
* Strong understanding of environmental and geotechnical reports where you would have a proven and good track record in a similar capacity ideally with a residential developer/main contractor on new build schemes.
* You would be responsible for providing engineering appraisals and outlining costings for land of future developments and ensuring the land is fit for purpose and could be built on.
* You would have full knowledge and experience of working on the full technical and development process of new build residential schemes.
* Aiding in producing monthly reports for each development by also managing and monitoring spend against the budget.
* Manage consultants in road, sewer, levels, cut and fill designs, to satisfy planning whilst maintaining the most competitive and practical solution
* Strong knowledge of planning application processes dealing with local authorities and external consultants.
* Resolve critical issues as part of the planning application process
* Co-ordinate and manage key relationships with utilities companies, highways authorities and water companies on engineering matters.
* Ensure compliance with building regulations and NHBC standards
Who are you?
* Extensive experience of engineering issues gained within housebuilding/construction industry e.g. roads and sewers, foundations, land drainage, utilities, etc A strong knowledge and appreciation of UK house building regulations and health and safety requirements within the industry
* Engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent.
* A thorough and up to date knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements related to residential