Groundworks Contracts Manager
Job DescriptionMy client are a long-standing groundworks sub-contractor based in Lancashire/Greater Manchester. They currently have a requirement to add a Contracts Manager to their long-standing and stable senior management team.
This is due to impending retirement of a long-standing member of staff but also in view of both improved market conditions and the strong partnerships my client has with a number of house builders/developers.
The successful candidate will need to show that they have recent site experience with a thorough understanding of groundworks within a residential house building environment.
The ideal candidate will have a least 5-10 years with a groundworks contractor, ideally residential, but candidates with commercial groundworks experience will also be considered.
This role involves overseeing the production of roads, sewers and groundworks for my clients long-standing clients who are all national or large regional house builders and will involve:
* Responsibility for project management of multiple sites.
* Leading and managing and mentoring staff
* Acting as the main coordinator between site teams, clients, local authority inspectors, site visitors and the key departments within the business.
* Encouraging and supporting a strong work ethic on sites as well as maintaining morale in order to drive the fast paced environment
* Excellent communication and time management skills
* Good IT Skills