Groundworks Site Engineer
Job DescriptionMy client are a long standing and extremely busy civil engineering and construction company, based in Manchester. Established over 60 years ago, they are still family owned and pride themselves on valuing their employees with a family ethos most companies of their size struggle to maintain. They operate with some long-standing clients, often working on repeat business and framework agreements.
Owing to a vast increase in work they are currently undertaking a period of growth, both in terms of number of live projects but also therefore, staff count. With the increase in new projects they have a requirement to add an experienced Site Engineer to their operations site-based team.
* Experience of working in any capacity on civil engineering projects, including Drainage, Concrete, Earthworks, Highways, Utilities and River works.
* Setting out to lines and levels to ensure construction of work in accordance with the Contract Drawings/Specifications or other relevant control documentation.
* Undertaking volumetric surveys and using and setting up GPS equipment
* Assisting Site Agents/Contract Supervisors with general contract administration
* Maintaining contract management quality records as directed by Site Agents
* Production of As-Built Drawings in accordance with Client requirements
* Carrying out site surveys for weekly/monthly measurement purposes. Submission of processed information to Company Quantity Surveyors and Site Agents
* Assisting with the control of site activities, including sub-contractors, as directed by the Site Agent
* Compliance with individual responsibilities with regard to safety, health and environmental issues, as set out in the Group Safety, Health and Environmental Policy
* Completion of daily site diary
* Project a professional image
* Ability to work as part of a team and maintain client relations
Qualifications: The following qualifications/competencies are required:
* Valid CSCS card
* Experienced in a variety of Civil Engineering disciplines
* Oral/written communication
* Commercial awareness
* Be able to problem solve
* Computer literate
The role will see you working on sites throughout Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire ad Yorkshire.
You will have a minimum of 3 years site based setting-out experience, working in a similar groundworks environment, but they are willing to consider alternative project experience. You will posses practical experience and carry your CSCS card whilst being fully conversant in utilising Lieca Total Stations.