Group Business Development Director
Job DescriptionOur client is a 25yr old established reputable expanding building company. The company is a leading player within maintenance and industrial works.
This role description covers the position of Group Business Development Director. The primary purpose of the role is the sourcing of new business opportunities to stimulate sustainable revenue growth and profitability for the Group's operations based in Warrington.
Key deliverables are the creation and maintenance of a strong pipeline of activity commensurate with the business' targets and establishing effective relationships with existing and potential customers.
* Source new business opportunities, aligned to the business strategy, to ensure the business has a good pipeline of activity that delivers sustainable revenue growth in the companies' target markets.
* In collaboration with the relevant Directors and Group Accountant ensure all bid proposals and requests for information are responded to in a timely manner with appropriate sign-off by the Director(s)
* Maintain up-to-date market intelligence to identify trends and business opportunities to inform the development and execution of business strategy.
* Present proposals to the Directors for new business opportunities; reflecting income potential, estimated costs and profit margins
* Proactively build an effective referral and lead generation network - grow current network with Property Agents
* Lead the companies' competitor benchmarking and intelligence activities to deliver insights on how they can continuously enhance their competitiveness
* Develop and maintain customer relationships in support of the companies' ambition to be leaders in customer service excellence
* Develop processes to be incorporated into the companies' management systems to assure a structured approach to business development
* Audit the success/failures of business development target activities to gain insights that would drive continuous improvement and improve the success rate for converting leads into profitable income
* Ensure all activities associated with business development are done in accordance with the companies' budgetary and financial controls procedures
* Collaborate with the Directors to develop the companies' marketing and business development strategies including the development of the Companies brands within our market place
* Contribute to the identification/development of innovative products and processes to assist the companies in achieving and maintaining competitive advantage
* Oversee property development/opportunity projects to generate revenue, including development of an effective contractor network
* Ensure all internal and external communications are in accordance with the companies' standards
* Conduct all activities in accordance with companies Health & Safety policies
* In keeping with the company's ethos of teamwork and customer service, proactively contribute to the development of a mutually supportive team that provides an excellent service to our customers
* Contribute to maintaining the professionalism and organisation of the office environment
Qualifications and Experience
* Degree qualified in Business Management/Technical discipline
* Extensive experience in business development preferably in the residential property and construction sectors
* Good project management skills
* IT literate i.e. very good proficiency at using a Microsoft office packages
* Self Starter who is incisive with a can-do attitude
* Focused toward delivering tangible value-adding outcomes
* Excellent organisation, team working and people management skills
* Excellent network building skills
* Capable of communicating with a wide range of individuals that reflect the diversity of companies' contacts
* Very good negotiating skills
* Success in obtaining projects that drive business growth
* Delivery of revenue growth and financial margin objectives
* Quality of customer service
* Compliance to the companies' internal processes
* Leadership and overall team contribution