Managing Quantity Surveyor - Residential
Job DescriptionOur client is looking for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team in the Northwest to help deliver a variety of schemes.
Long established in affordable and spec housing has evolved in recent years to provide a truly regional construction solution.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager and be expected to be hands on whilst leading surveying teams in the carrying out the full range of quantity surveying duties. This will include day to day cost control, cash management, subcontractor management, risk management, financial reporting (CVR/PPR), preparation in valuations (internal/external), record keeping, contractual disputes and general administration. The position will involve working within a busy Quantity Surveying department on new build schemes.
You will have experience in upfront land acquisitions and worked on negotiated contract and competitive tendered D&B schemes. Additionally, you will need to be willing to get involved with pre tender works estimating and contractual works, when required. This may include assisting estimators, commenting on contractual documents and general pre tender reviews. We need someone with drive and ambition and be willing to take ownership of scheme (s), to push them forward towards the required start on site.
You must have a proven track record in quantity surveying within the residential sector ideally on new build schemes but with a knowledge and understanding of refurbishment works. Excellent communication skills are critical to this role and you must be able to adapt within a vibrant team that exists. The role will involve liaison with internal customers, clients and the supply chain.
The successful candidate will have;
* A track record in commercial management from within a recognised contracting organisation.
* Experience working with a number of clients and building relationships with external customers.
* Experience of new build contracting.
* Experience of refurbishment works.
* Understanding of various Contract forms.
* Be a competent negotiator who is able to agree rates/prices without compromising company margins.
* Have a good knowledge in terms of regulations, current materials, rates, prices along with good commercial awareness.
* Be an excellent communicator.
* Track record in dealing with contractual claims and a high degree of contractual awareness.
* Land Acquisitions / Contractual awareness of D&B contracts.
* A driven individual who concentrates their respective team (within department) to achieve the targets, whilst also assisting in achieving the targets of the company.
In return, is an exciting offer and benefits package.