Job DescriptionMy client are a leading developer delivering major projects throughout the UK. They operate in the new build student accomodation, highrise residential apartments and new build housing sectors. They are a multi-million pound turnover group and a leader in their sectors of the construction industry.
Owing to an increase in work, across the wider group, they have a need to add an experienced Mechanical & Electrical Manager to their team. The individual must be highly technical in both M&E disciplines, confident and motivated with a proven Building Services experience. Responsible for adequacy checks of design, quality of installation and implementation, troubleshooting as required, and, focus around final commissioning.
The post will oversee typically 2 live construction projects, which could be based across the UK. As such, there will be a requirement to spend time away from home during the working week, most weeks. When not on site, the individual can expect to work from home or if preferred be based from a local regional office.
Role Purpose and Summary;
* To manage mechanical and electrical (M&E) engineering services for the business in relation to construction / development projects.
* To oversee and provide advice, guidance and practical input regarding these services throughout the project from design, through build and beyond handover. Including (but not limited to):
* Testing & Commissioning of building services
* Quality assurance / snagging
* Identification of risks, mitigations and rectification of faults
* To act as a key contact and engage with Clients, Employers Agents or other representatives in relation to designs, product approvals and other matters related to mechanical and electrical elements of the development.
* To assist the design team with regulatory matters in relation to M&E (Operational Maintenance Manual) and oversee certification processes where required.
* To work closely with, manage and co-ordinate subcontractors in relation to M&E.
Core Objectives - Specific Expectations of the Role;
* Manage subcontractors through timely and procedurally correct co-ordination of M&E.
* Oversee electrical and mechanical installations ensuring contract compliance, monitoring quality to achieve required all relevant regulatory standards.
* Assist the commercial team with sub-contractor procurement of M&E packages.
* Liaise with the Utilities / Services to ensure services and meters are installed in line with the project program.
* Co-ordinate and manage mechanical and electrical sub-contractor designs prior to their commencement on site.
* Ensure information is uploaded to V4P (document control system) and issued to the Client promptly for comment / approval.
* Assist Quantity Surveyors and Project Manager / Directors on all matters related to M&E, through the provision of expert advice, guidance, information and practical support.
* Liaise with and maintain regular communications with the design team, including (but not limited to) attending and contributing to meetings and assisting with M&E design co-ordination throughout the project.
* Highlight, at the earliest opportunity, risks and issues in relation to M&E, along with possible solutions or actions to mitigate those risks.
* Identify potential opportunities to improve quality, reduce costs or other solutions that will meet or exceed the client's requirements. Communicate these opportunities setting out benefits, implications and other impacts on the project.
* Prepare for, attend and contribute to site project meetings, as required, to discuss M&E progress, program information, quality issues or other related matters.
* Produce practical, informative, timely and accurate reports (usually fortnightly) on services and M&E progress.
* Visit sites to check and review M&E installations to inspect and record quality issues, with a view to finding and implementing suitable resolutions.
* Prepare for, attend and contribute to management and Client meetings (usually monthly) providing updates on M&E progress.
* Oversee testing and commissioning of building services, ensuring all systems are fully operational and certificated prior to practical completion.
* Co-ordinate / support Client training and assist with provision of certification and information for the O&M files.
* Maintain accurate records and ensure all information is readily available, in the correct format, for building control and Clients surveyors.
* Assist with aftersales issues relating to M&E, providing excellent customer services to building users.
* Live the brand - Present a professional, conscientious and customer-focussed image of the group through tangible, measurable actions; timely communications; collaborative interactions; and productive engagements with customers, clients, external stakeholders, partners and suppliers.
* Promote the brand - Utilise or contribute to the use of innovative, cost-effective and contemporary methods to present, promote, build and market the group brand. This includes digital communications, printed materials, signage and other media.
* Follow reasonable management instructions.