Pre Construction Manager - Regional Contractor
Job DescriptionRole overview
Our client is a privately owned, multi award winning construction business. Building for generations and working with select clients nationally, the company offers a holistic range of services; acquire, design, build, operate and maintain.
The contracts are primarily for Commercial and Education sectors up to £15m in value.
Due to sustained growth, they are now looking to recruit a Pre-Construction Manager based at our head office in Lancashire, for contracts in the Northwest.
Responsible for commercial activities at pre-construction stage; ranging from cost feasibilities to CSA's. Budget cost plans, contract execution, appointments, warranties as well as managing pre-con budgets across a number of schemes.
To bring value to the business and the help generate, develop and facilitate new opportunities and work for the operations teams to deliver.
Obtain fee proposals Architects & consultant team
Raise Purchase orders for chosen consultants
Complete JCT particulars and issue to legal team.
Comment as required on Contract/Appointment queries raised.
Check Contract Documents on receipt, arrange execution and return to Legal Team.
Key input ref specification - identify cost implications and agree as necessary.
Input ref Material selection - ie within budget.
Conduct site visits alongside pre-construction team
Produce cash flows.
Procure warranty and insurance provisions - job specific
Handover presentation - complete commercial sections with External & internal cost data.
Check and approve fee invoices.
* Previous experience is essential
* Strong IT Skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
* Ability to build good relationships with external and internal stakeholders
* Excellent communication skills
* People and management skills
* Decision making skills
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to work under pressure
We expect our employees to demonstrate the following people values:
* Innovative mind-set
* Excellence in quality management
* Collaborative approach to deliver results
* Build trust through accountability
* Demonstrate integrity with moral conviction
* Work with discipline to achieve success
* 6% Employer Workplace Pension
* 25 days' holiday + Statutory
* Holiday 'Buy Back' scheme + bonus birthday holiday
* Healthcare Scheme
* 1 days paid 'Change the World' volunteering day