Project Quantity Surveyor - Design & Build
Job DescriptionOur client is a well respected Contractor for delivering Reisdential and Commercial Projects.
They currently have a D&B Residentia Project in Eastbourne worth £5m in value. The role is site based and may suit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor looking to step up or a Project Quantity Surveyor.
Broadly, the Quantity Surveyor will manage and support colleagues in the management of the commercial function for projects they are allocated. This will include practical quantity surveying tasks and activities, actions to support colleagues and appropriate administrative duties one would associate with commercial / quantity surveying practices in relation to construction projects. It's likely that the Quantity Surveyor will hold a greater level of accountability than its junior colleagues. Depending on the allocated schemes / projects, along with consideration of individual levels of experience and ability, the Quantity Surveyor may be required to:
* Be accountability for a specific result or outcome.
* Be responsible for the delivery of a specific task or action, or;
* Support others in achieving an objective or undertaking an action. Individual objectives will be confirmed and recorded as part of the normal Objective Setting and Review process.
Set up Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) from the agreed construction budget.
* Provide accurate monthly CVR reports liaising with the project teams to assure the CVR captures the current position and the forecast final position.
* Ensure the CVR is closed out post contract in a timely manner.
* Produce and update the procurement schedule in line with current contract programme.
* Quantification and costing of the works to ensure effective cost reporting.
* Manage and undertake the procurement process to ensure subcontract packages are placed in a timely manner and line with site programme requirements.
* Produce and manage subcontractor accounts (payments / contract administration / claims & variations / final accounts).
* Produce and manage the internal reporting processes correctly, maintaining accuracy within set deadlines (CVRs / Expenditure / Cash-flow etc.)
* Pro-actively manage and highlight risks in a timely manner to identify, where possible, savings and efficiencies.
Engage with the client and produce and manage client valuations, variations, cash-flows and final accounts.
* Attend and contribute when required to all meetings associated with the project (e.g. subcontractor meetings /client meetings / internal management meetings / team meetings / design team meetings etc.)
* Work with and provide commercial support to the project team throughout the project, acting as a key member of the project team.
* Attend site in conjunction with submission dates of subcontractor invoices to value the works accurately.
* Administer information correctly using the company's data management systems.
* Manage the individuals within own hierarchy, delegating tasks appropriately (Assistant QS / Trainee QS).
* Provide ongoing developmental support to ensure Assistant and/or Trainee QS are suitably trained and capable of performing effectively.
* Produce and maintain accurate records.
* Live the brand - Present a professional, conscientious and customer-focussed image of through tangible, measurable actions; timely communications; collaborative interactions; and productive engagements with customers, clients, external stakeholders, partners and suppliers.
* Promote the brand - Utilise or contribute to the use of innovative, cost-effective and contemporary methods to present, promote, build and market the company brand.
This includes digital communications, printed materials, signage and other media.
* Follow reasonable management instructions.
In return, our client will offer a salary between £35,000 - £50,000 per annum with other associated benefits dependant on experience.