Quantity Surveyor - Fit Out & Retail
Job DescriptionOur client is a well-established Fit-Out / Retail Contractor. They are seeking a Quantity Surveyor / Estimator for mainly retail fit out projects of £50-£2m.
Shop Fitting usually in store concession areas, so Quantity Surveying within larger budget agreements and framework agreements with larger retailers and supermarkets.
Mainly office based in Bradford but also travel to site as a Quantity Surveyor to estimate the shop fitting projects, also managing change to scope, and preparing final accounts and invoicing.
The projects they currently have are framework agreements to agreed SOR's carrying out small concession works within supermarkets and this will form the basis of most projects going forwards. These range from £50k-£2m.
* Quantity Surveyor will manage all cost reports covering; schedule of rates, involve labour and material costs, bills of quants, cost estimates, final accounts, CVR, valuation applications, invoicing.
* Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
* Responsible for project timescales, flawless delivery and achieving efficiency to ensure profitability within the agreed price.
* This Quantity Surveyor position will require some travel, Company car. Ideally living close to Bradford so you can get into the office easily.
Company and Prospects
* Interesting varied Quantity Surveyor role - estimating lower value projects (refurbishment and store fit out projects) in lots of different sites, so plenty of variety in terms of the people and projects. Definitely not same every day, and you'll get to take more responsibility (as opposed to some jobs with big value projects where you feel like a small cog).
* Market leading business with framework agreements with blue chip clients
* A great chance to join the business and grow your career
* Would suit an Quantity Surveyor with experience of small retail fit out shop fitting who has some technical ability around technical drawings Or a Quantity Surveyor fed-up with working on big projects with all the red tape and hassle of big teams.