Quantity Surveyor - Housing Refurbishment
Job DescriptionOur client is seeking an experienced QS within social housing, internal and external refurbishment works. To be based at their head office in Rochdale but covering schemes around Greater Manchester.
Overview of the role is as follows:
- Working as part of a multi-discipline project team based on site, leading on all commercial matters.
- Liaising with the Clients design team to ensure delivery of the project brief in accordance with the Contract terms.
- Day to day management of all commercial matters of the project.
- Ensure projects are delivered within budgets and timescales ensuring profit margins are achieved.
- Follow systems and processes to allow effective measurement of commercial performance.
- Provide accurate, real time monthly reports, final outcome forecasts and project cash flows to demonstrate commercial performance.
- Tender analysis, subcontractor and supplier procurement and management and payment of subcontractor accounts.
- Advanced IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word and ideally client portals
- Understanding of contractual terms and conditions and statutory requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.