Project Quantity Surveyor
Job DescriptionOur client is a 25yr old established reputable expanding building company.
They have a large property portfolio, are dominant within small works and are looking to embark on some prestigious one off be spoke Residential & Commercial Projects up to £30m
This role description covers the position of Quantity Surveyor within the organisation. The role encompasses the scope of activities related to the execution of projects. Key deliverables are the effective and profitable execution of projects and excellent customer service. The Companies are geographically located in the North West and while this role is predominantly based in Cheshire, there may be occasions that require travel.
* Manage the bid development process for tender proposals collaborating with the Commercial Manager, COO and Company Accountants as appropriate before final sign-off from the Board
* Assist the Construction team with maintaining a database of partner sub-contractors and material suppliers to work on project execution. At all times ensuring all statutory and legal requirements i.e. insurances are maintained.
* Effective liaison with professional bodies, local authorities and other stakeholders who are important to ensure the effective execution of projects
* Assessing tender opportunities, preparation of sub-contractor enquires and assessment of tender enquires
* Preparation of cost plans/project budgets/cashflow forecasts as necessary
* Prepare scope of works for the discrete elements of construction required on-site and together with the Construction team recommend the awarding of contracts to suitable sub-contractors.
* Completion and data base of information to aid the efficient execution of PQQS
* Keep abreast of all construction design related innovations that could potentially offer the Company better value for money and, a competitive edge without compromising quality
* Ensure allinancial and purchasing procedures are adhered to in the areas under your remit including preparation and standard forms of contract.
* Post contract liaison with clients and contractors inclusive of the valuing of any variations and agreeing final accounts.
* Produce periodic activity reports for discussion with the line management including cost reports, cashflows etc.
* Conduct all activities in accordance with companies Health & Safety policies
Qualifications and Experience
* Professional qualification in engineering, building surveying or construction
* Approximately 8 years' experience in construction
* IT literate i.e. proficient at using a Microsoft office package and project planning software
* Self-starter who is with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
* An understanding of organisation and people management skills
* Good communication and team working skills
* Good negotiating skills
* Effectiveness of project delivery - budget, programme, quality etc.
* Delivery of financial margin objectives
* Quality of customer service
* Compliance to internal processes relating to the role
* Overall team contribution