Job DescriptionOur client is a dynamic, award winning Maintenance, Refurbishment and New Build specialist with a National presence.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, ambitious Quantity Surveyor to continue to facilitate the successful running of works out of their Manchester office.
* Salary competitive
* Company Car/Car Allowance
* 25 Days Hols & BH
Summary - Quantity Surveyor
The role is to obtain and evaluate information to ensure a realistic cost for the supply of works, goods, materials and services for designated refurbishment/maintenance projects/contracts.
Whilst liaising with Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated project/ contracts.
Working on a broad range of contracts including Refurbishment & New Build they require a good all round Quantity Surveyor with sector specific experience.
Site working/visits throughout the UK dependent upon programmes of works.
Key Responsibilities - Quantity Surveyor
* Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
* Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
* Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
* Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client's representative.
* Prepare monthly valuation reports
* Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
* Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
* Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
* Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
* Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
* Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
Key skills and Qualifications
* Holds the relevant qualifications
* Must be an experienced Quantity Surveyor
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence