Sales Business Analyst (residential)
Job DescriptionMy client are one of the regions largest homes development companies in the North West region. They currently deliver up to 700 new family homes each year.
Owing to a continued increase in the busy new build housing industry, they now are looking to recruit a Sales Analyst to their busy internal teams.
Working closely with the Head of Sales, the role will support decision making on both new business opportunities - in terms of land acquisition - and existing site sales.
They are looking for an analytically focused candidate, preferably with analyst and research experience in the residential/new housing industry, but would take alternative industry experience and also recent graduate experience from those looking to specialise in a client side role.
The rule ultimately will see you responsible for providing appropriate sales and marketing analysis which informs management decisions linked to development opportunities. The analysis will be linked to pricing, development design layouts, optimum development mix i.e. tenures, units sizes, specification, sales forecast period. Strong research skills and familiarisation to industry insight to provide performance updates to existing schemes.
* Provide complete data analysis portfolios specific for Residential and Sales including internal sales performance and external market activity.
* Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports linked to site activity, reservations, sales and completions. Report on all aspects of sales performance to ensure early action is taken to meet or exceed the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Monitor content and continually adapt to changing requirements.
* Working with Regional Sales Managers and Sales Progression Manager to collate and update sales forecasts and monitoring.
* Assisting Head of Sales in monitoring accuracy, consistency and relevancy of data on Sales Performance for each development, supporting Sales Managers where required.
* Specific monitoring of our development sales and reviewing risk around pricing and volumes for current sales programs.
* Monitor and provide information for development opportunities bought to us by the Land Team.
* Attend project meetings to ensure all sales requirements are addressed and agreed pre and post Board approval, linked to specification, timeframes for delivery of sales outlet, design and lay-outs and build programme.
* Responsible for analysing and delivering insight and analysis on the trends impacting the residential market.
* Be involved in development opportunities from conception to completion giving input to optimum unit lay-outs, unit mix, specification, identify target market, ensuring data and information informs business plan accurately.
* Working with the sales team for each development to monitor all relevant competitors; enhance quality, consistency and regularity of current reporting to help inform pricing of new developments and pricing of on-site developments.
* Monitor external factors with impacts on short term and longer residential sales market such as the mortgage market and any legislative product changes.
* Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of industry wide software such as Hometrack, Rightmove and Office of National Statistics and other similar sources.
* Support the Head of Sales, as required, in compiling reports for Development Boards including new scheme approvals, scheme updates and performance.
* Contribute towards achieving team objectives and key performance indicators.
* Ensure plot sales are compliant with any funding requirements with RICS valuations. Maintain the RICS valuation register.
* Assist in the sales audit process improvements on program including audit of the in-house CRM.
* Support the pricing release of plots within informed market performance insight.
Key knowledge / Skills / Qualifications
* Highly experienced data analyst with demonstrable knowledge of the property market and able to collate and analyse data in a demanding environment.
* Ideally RICS or similar qualified.
* Demonstrable organisational and planning skills linked to accurate reporting.
* Computer literate with a good proven competency in MS Office. Advanced Excel skills.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
* Educated to degree level
* Able to collate and analyse sales data and provide forecasts and reports in a detailed and accurate format in a demanding environment.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proactive and flexible in terms of workload.
* Commitment to providing high levels of customer satisfaction.
Flexible/agile working is an option for the right candidate with a flexible approach offered across the business, towards working hours and locations, across a 36.5 hour working week.
This role attracts a competitive and negotiable salary of between £38,000 and £42,000 per annum. The wider package includes pension, health-care payback scheme and 31 days holidays (plus statutory bank holidays)