Senior Quantity Surveyor - Major Contractor
Job DescriptionOur client is a Blue Chip Major Contractor leading the way in turnover and profitability.
They currently have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor & Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the Cost Management of prestigious Healthcare and Education projects in the North West.
The role will require a high level of professionalism and confidence in negotiations, managing contractual risk as well as advising and efficiently implementing the procurement strategy of the business and the projects
* Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
* Undertake cost analysis for project work;
* Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
* perform risk, value management and cost control;
* Advise on a procurement strategy;
* Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
* Prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
* Allocate work to subcontractors;
* Provide advice on contractual claims;
* Analyse outcomes and prepare detailed progress and cash flow reports;
* Value completed work and work closely with the Accounts team to arrange payments;
* Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
* Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
Successful applicant will meet the following requirements:
1 A) Professional Experience
* Have evident track of record as a quantity surveyor (Minimum 6 years of experience);
* Outstanding experience in the construction industry
* Have extensive knowledge working within Building and Construction field, particularly High-Rise Residential/Commercial projects;
* Have strong background in business legal contracts of different types and implementing amendments adjustable to suit different contracts scenarios;
1 B) Personal Core Competencies
* Exceptional and direct communication skills;
* Proven problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
* Outstanding negotiation skills;
* Very strong eye of details;
* Flexible personality.