Senior Quantity Surveyor - Tier 1 Contractor
Job DescriptionWhy work for our client
Our client delivers amazing projects throughout the UK, Major Projects up to £200m in value.
The projects mainly include high rise multi storey projects.
With an on-going commitment to attracting local talent, they have brought together a diverse team of experienced, forward-thinking people, all of which is key to making us the business we are today.
Our client is a leading Plc. and construction company specialising in bringing projects to life through strategic partnership, investment and relationship building.
They are focussed on growing our global presence and have ambitious growth plans to become a top 10 UK construction contractor.
* Multi award winning contractor
* Leading PLC
* Turnover in excess of 500 million
Senior Quantity Surveyor
This role sits within a family of Quantity Surveying roles within the company. Many tasks and activities carried out by those roles are similar in nature. The key differentiators between those roles will usually be in relation to the size and scope of allocated projects and developments, management and supervision of other staff and the level of decisions the individual is expected to make.
Broadly, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will manage and support colleagues in the management of the commercial function for projects they are allocated. This will include practical Quantity Surveying tasks and activities, actions to support colleagues and appropriate administrative duties one would associate with commercial / quantity surveying practices in relation to construction projects.
It is likely that the Senior Quantity Surveyor will hold a greater level of accountability than its junior colleagues and may be required to work across multiple sites.
Depending on the allocated schemes / projects, along with consideration of individual levels of experience and ability, the Senior Quantity Surveyor may be required to:
* Be accountability for a specific result or outcome.
* Be responsible for the delivery of a specific task or action, or;
* Support others in achieving an objective or undertaking an action.
Individual objectives will be confirmed and recorded as part of the normal Objective Setting and Review process.
Present CVR to Commercial Director for approval, providing additional information and assurance as required.
* Produce procurement schedule in line with current contract programme.
* Manage the procurement process to ensure subcontract packages are placed in a timely manner.
* Manage subcontractor accounts (payments / contract administration / claims & variations / final accounts).
* Manage the reporting process correctly, maintaining accuracy, in line with reporting schedules (CVRs / Expenditure / Cash-flow etc.)
* Pro-actively manage and highlight risks in a timely manner to identify, where possible, savings and efficiencies.
* Engage with the client and manage client valuations, variations, cash-flows and final accounts.
Attend and contribute to all meetings associated with the project (e.g. client meetings / internal management meetings / team meetings / design team meetings etc.)
* Work with and provide commercial support to the project team throughout the project, acting as a key member of the project team.
* Manage the team / individuals within own hierarchy, delegating tasks appropriately.
* Deliver staff training where required and provide ongoing developmental support to ensure all staff are suitably trained and capable of performing effectively.
* Maintain accurate records in the most appropriate format.
* Work with stakeholders and colleagues from across the business as required to provide feedback, updates and other information that may influence decisions, actions and future activities.
* Live the brand - Present a professional, conscientious and customer-focussed image of through tangible, measurable actions; timely communications; collaborative interactions; and productive engagements with customers, clients, external stakeholders, partners and suppliers.
* Promote the brand - Utilise or contribute to the use of innovative, cost-effective and contemporary methods to present, promote, build and market the Watkin Jones Group brand. This includes digital communications, printed materials, signage and other media.
* Follow reasonable management instructions.
The salary and package is negotiable dep experience.