Job DescriptionMy client are a long standing and extremely busy civil engineering and construction company, based in Manchester. Established over 60 years ago, they are still family owned and pride themselves on valuing their employees with a family ethos most companies of their size struggle to maintain. They operate with some long-standing clients, often working on repeat business and framework agreements.
Owing to a vast increase in work they are currently undertaking a period of growth, both in terms of number of live projects but also therefore, staff count. With the increase in new projects they have a requirement to add an experienced Site Agent to their operations site-based team.
They have a long-standing contract with the Environment Agency which sees this requirement for someone to oversee work throughout various site locations in Yorkshire.
Experience: The successful applicants will have at least 5 years experience as a Manager/Supervisor of staff in general groundworks and civils works including drainage, highways, reinforced concrete, remediation and hard landscaping.
As Site Agent, you'll be required to:
* Plan and organise labour and plant on site
* Maintain Quality Control
* Control costs and monitor weekly
* Have a working knowledge of MS Project, maintain and update contract programmes
* Ensure all resources are used efficiently on site
* Maintain high safety standards
* Keep records and maintain electronic filing system
* IT literate and able to operate Word, Excel electronic documentation
* Ensure the site is a safe and tidy place to work and visit
* Manage and reduce waste
* Project a professional image and lead by example
* Ability to work as part of a team and maintain client relations
Qualifications: The following qualifications/competencies are required:
* HND/HNC or higher
* Valid CSCS card
* SMSTS qualified
* Competent in Health and Safety practice
* A good knowledge of Environmental Management
* Experienced in a variety of Civil Engineering disciplines.
* First aid at work qualified
* Current valid driving license