Setting Out Engineer
Job DescriptionRole: As one of our Site Engineers, based out of our Head Office in the North West, you'll have experience of working in any capacity on civil engineering projects, including Drainage, Concrete, Piling, Earthworks, Utilities and Canal works.
On a day-to-basis, you will be:
* Setting out to lines and levels to ensure construction of work in accordance with the Contract Drawings/Specifications or other relevant control documentation.
* Undertaking volumetric surveys and using and setting up GPS equipment
* Assisting Site Agents/Contract Supervisors with general contract administration
* Maintaining contract management quality records as directed by Site Agents
* Production of As-Built Drawings in accordance with Client requirements
* Carrying out site surveys for weekly/monthly measurement purposes. Submission of processed information to Company Quantity Surveyors and Site Agents
* Assisting with the control of site activities, including sub-contractors, as directed by the Site Agent
* Compliance with individual responsibilities with regard to safety, health and environmental issues, as set out in the Group Safety, Health and Environmental Policy
* Completion of daily site diary
* Project a professional image
* Ability to work as part of a team and maintain client relations
What you will need: To be successful in the role, we will expect you to have:
* Valid CSCS card
* Hold or be working towards a qualification in Civil Engineering along with experience in a variety of Civil Engineering disciplines
* Excellent communication skills
* Commercial awareness
* Organisation skills
* The ability to problem solve
* Computer literacy
Please get in touch today with our Consultant Alex Marsh on 01695 556800 for more details on opportunities available, or apply below with your CV.