Job DescriptionMy client are a medium sized building contractor based in Manchester who deliver new build, refurbishment and fit out projects within the Commercial, Education, Retail and Residential sectors. They have an excellent reputation for delivering high quality projects throughout the North West.
Due to continued growth and expansion, they are looking to recruit a Site Manager /Senior Site Manager to join their highly experienced team. The first project will be a £1.5m fit out of a new build commercial building in Manchester and will commence in January 2022. This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable and growing business, who can offer excellent career progression.
Reporting into a Contracts Manager you will have full responsibility for the day to day running of the site, managing the construction process safely, efficiently and in a cost effective manner.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a solid track record of successfully delivering a wide range of refurbishment and new build projects as the Number 1 Site Manager. You will also be customer focused, results driven and Health & Safety conscious. A valid SMSTS certificate, First Aid certificate and CSCS Managers Card are all essential requirements.
Site Manager duties will include:
* Supervise and effectively manage all subcontractors and labour on Site
* Monitoring overall progress against programmes.
* Liaison with clients and the management team in striving to achieve good standards of quality
* Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
* Monitor projects to ensure they have the correct resources to be completed on time and to the required standard
* Monitor the performance of the workforce on a regular basis and provide training and support where necessary