Site Manager Internals
Job Description*this is a permanent vacancy*
My client are a leading developer delivering major projects throughout the UK. They operate in the new build student accommodation, highrise residential apartments and new build housing sectors. They are a multi-million pound turnover group and a leader in their sectors of the construction industry.
They now have a prestigious new build scheme currently on site in Bristol City Centre; a £20m new build student accommodation development. The scheme is being overseeing by a strong team of long-standing operational and commercial staff including a Project Manager, Site Managers and full commercial & design teams. They now require an experienced Internals Finishing Site Manager to work within this team to assist the successful delivery of this prestigious scheme.
As an Internals Finishing Site Manager you will support and ultimately report into the Project Manager. You will be responsible for overseeing internals aspects of this project, ensuring quality & H&S standards are adhered to in conjunction with programme, to ensure successful completion of each floor, consecutively.
As such you will be experienced in working on prestigious, city centre schemes of minimum up to £20m, with an internals focus and maintaining excellent quality and H&S standards. You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience operating at such level and on such schemes.
Ideally you should be a joiner by trade with a successful background of internals management.
The following tasks are not in priority order;
* Manage the build and undertake actions and activities in adherence with regulations, agreed standards and company policies and procedures.
* Work closely with the Contracts / Project Manager to monitor and manage the construction working programme.
* Delegate tasks appropriately taking into account the project requirements, time, resources, personnel and capability.
* Produce and contribute to reports and progress updates in the correct format and in a timely manner.
* Manage subcontractors and communicate instructions / directions in relation to the construction working programme.
* Arrange and attend subcontractor pre-start meetings with Contracts / Project Manager and Quantity Surveyors.
* Study and maintain sight of drawings and plans in order to understand costs and budgets with a view to eliminating or minimising waste.
* Where required, complete requisitions for plant, labour and materials needed for the programme.
* Monitor plant and equipment costs and preliminaries, including set-up cost of plant and office.
* Check and sign for materials delivered to site and identify any problems, errors or other issues. Maintain an accurate record of deliveries.
* Participate in and contribute to Contract Valuation Report (CVR) meetings.
* Maintain effective and timely communications with internal and external stakeholder.
* Arrange and hold meetings with stakeholders when required and at agreed intervals during the programme.
* Prepare for meetings by collating information, reports, data and other details in order to present an accurate, succinct and supported viewpoint.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
* NVQ Level 3, 'A' Level, HNC, or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
* Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel
* SMSTS certificate
* First Aid certificate
* Scaffolding certificate
* CSCS Card
* Good communication skills
* Assertive and strong persuasion skills