Job DescriptionMy client are an established and recognised national house builder. They have a fantastic reputation for delivering quality, family homes throughout the North of England and the wider UK.
Their ongoing development in Skelmersdale has a requirement for an experienced Site Manager, who aided by the visiting Contracts Manager, will oversee the entire site to its successful completion.
This site consists of 3, 4 & 5 bedroom family homes, set in the West Lancashire countryside. Main Responsibilities;
* Assisting the Contracts Manager with pre-start details
* Reporting to the Project / Contracts Manager on the progress against the programme
* Maintenance of company required Health & Safety procedures / initiatives including PPE, Site Inductions, Management of Method Statements/Risk Assessments, Work Permits, Scaffold/Lifting equipment inspections
* Coordination / Leadership of the site team
* Assisting with the preparation of the Health and Safety file
* Maintaining and updating of Construction Phase Health & Safety plan, as works proceed
* Liaising with the client, consultants, contract administrator, head office etc
* Co-ordinating the Sub-Contractors as appropriate
* Preparation / assistance with the site progress reports
* To be responsible for the accurate / timely completion of site based documentation
* Extensive experience of delivering on volume house builds to an established build programme and managing key priorities.
* Proven ability to consistently deliver weekly targets through proactive organisation of the labour force, and promoting a team working ethic
* Excellent communicator and influencer of people to gain commitment and compliance, and to drive deliver
* A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management, or a time served tradesman with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades
* In depth knowledge of all aspects of construction and housebuilding, and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations
* A thorough knowledge and well-rounded experience of dealing with customers and potential customers in all aspects, such as the giving of information and advice, resolving any customer issues, confirming company procedures etc
Training & Qualifications required;
* SMSTS Qualification
* CSCS Card
* First Aid
* Fire Marshall
I am acting on behalf of my clients - Should you wish to contact me directly to discuss this vacancy - or any others - in more detail then please don't hesitate to contact me on 07702519204.