Site Manager (New build housing)
Job DescriptionMy client are a leading national house builder. They're highly regarded as one of the best - both in terms of customers purchasing properties but also as an employer to work for!
Their North West office have a requirement for an experienced Site Manager for an ongoing development in Preston, Lancashire. The site consists of over 200 traditional build units, consisting of predominantly 3 and 4 bedroom properties. The site is split in two and overseen by 2 x visiting Build/Contracts Managers.
As Site Manager you will oversee circa 50% of the ongoing site with another resident Site Manager working on the other 50% of the development.
The Role The role of Site Manager, reports to the visiting Contracts Manager and is responsible for managing all aspects of the development site, ensuring the provision of safe, efficient and cost effective works at all times, while maintaining the highest quality of work and customer service are delivered within the given timescales.
* Manage the day to day running of the development and provide clear direction to those working on the construction site regarding their responsibilities and targets.
* Manage and implement health and safety procedures, working closely with Health and Safety Managers and ensure that that all aspects of health and safety are followed and adhered too.
* Motivate, support and manage directly employed site staff, providing toolbox talks, training, coaching, and support as required to improve performance.
* Ensure site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
* Deliver all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that be necessary from time to time.
* Fully conform to building regulations and warranty providers' requirements (NHBC, LABC Services).
* Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Contracts Manager and Construction Director as requested.
* Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, labour requirements, plant, materials, site inductions and health and safety records.
* Thoroughly inspect and ensure any remedial work is completed in advance of each NHBC key stage inspection
Experience, Qualifications and Skills;
* Experience of working as a Site Manager or Senior Site Manager with a high-volume residential house builder.
* Experience of effectively managing teams
* Up to date knowledge of health and safety and building legislation.
In return my client can offer you:
* Competitive salary
* Annual bonus
* 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
* Company car or car allowance
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance